Saturday, March 23, 2013

Review for The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe

I absolutely loved it! It took me a bit to get into the story, but as soon as the twist started to be introduced, it was nothing but love from there! I feel the only reason I didn't care for some of the beginning is that I don't like the whole snotty mean girl vibe, but I get that needs to be a part of some stories. I'm glad Lora didn't turn out to be some wilting flower. She's had horrible things done to her, and she stills stands up for herself. She's got strength. Jesse was super wonderful, and so selfless. It would be hard not to adore him. Armand was a little harder for me to like, but he did grow on me a bit later on in the story. I'll tell you though, I hate the nickname Mandy! Horrible! Every time someone called him that, I'd cringe. The twist was wonderful, I was thinking it was going to go one way, and then BAM!, nope that's not the way it goes. I love the direction it went. I like the visuals Shana Abe creates with her words. The setting really adds life to this story. If you like fantasy love stories then definitely read The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe. This story really worked for me. Next up on my to read list, the sequel to The Sweetest Dark, The Deepest Night. I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment