Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review for Pretty Dark Nothing by Heather L. Reid

I'm kind of back and forth on Pretty Dark Nothing. I liked the concept. I also liked the writing. I didn't like the main character, Quinn. She was so weak, and wishy washy. I get she has something after her, but come on! A lot of what she did it was her doing it, no matter the demons in her head. Jerking around Aaron, going back and forth. Not being honest with herself, not asking for help. People kept trying to be there for her and she just freaks out. Crying and pitying herself, crying over some ex-boyfriend who cheated on her, and tells her he doesn't want her. It's hard for me to enjoy a book where the main character makes you cringe with her actions. I'm not sure if this will be a series or not, with how it ended I would think it would be. If not then all this book does is piss someone off. If there is a next book, I need to see some growth in Quinn, and how about telling the truth. If I were Aaron, I'd be pissed off. I liked some of the other characters, I liked Aaron, he kept trying to help, and Quinn's best friend was always there for her. Quinn doesn't deserve either one of them, she needs to grow up. I guess I'll read the next one just to see what happens. Hopefully Quinn stops being so weak, and gets some strength, or I'm washing my hands with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment