Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review for School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins

Quick, light-hearted, fast read, light on the romance. I really liked Rachel Hawkins Hex Hall series, and I enjoyed School Spirits almost as much. I didn't quite connect with the characters as much as I did in Hex Hall, but I liked Izzy's strength. I liked her and Torin's relationship. I didn't care much for her mother. I liked that when she went to school, there wasn't a popular mean girl, it was nice for a change. I'm not quite on board with Dex, but hopefully his character builds in future books in the series. Romy was nice, and I liked that she's not the loud obnoxious sidekick. I look forward to reading more in this series, see what happens with Izzy's sister, and the building of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment