Sunday, February 2, 2014

Review for Ever Fire by Alexia Purdy

Before I could read this, I read Evangeline and Ever Shade, and I really loved them!  But, with Ever Fire, my love didn't carry over.  Shade was just too whiny and bratty; it bordered on pathetic! She was so much more confident in Ever Shade! Shade in this book was just a disappointment.  I do still like this series because I really like the world it takes place in, and I love the visual imagery the author creates.  I will read the next books in the series, and I have already bought them and started book 3.  There is another thing I just can't stand in a book, and as I continue to read the series I see it happening in this series; I'm not going to use names, but this may be a slight spoiler

I hate when a character tells another they love them and will always be there, and then it doesn't work out for them, and that character that professed their love, falls in love with someone else in no time!  It's a good thing you didn't get picked! since your love is so fickle! I hate that!

I'm hoping the next books redeem the series for me, and I still enjoy reading the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment