Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review for The Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine

I loved it! It's a nice change in a NA novel to have the main characters stay true to themselves and for them not to fall into complete despair when tragic events happen was excellent; I get tired of main characters going into a complete downward spiral instead of dealing with his/her issues.  Pixie and Levi do have some tough times, but I think they handled them with maturity.  I loved the heart behind this story; the writing really helped me feel the emotions that the characters were going through.  I'm glad "Best Kind of Broken" was more of a positive, hopeful story; rather than a dark, depressing story.  It was nice to have a male lead character that doesn't have a tortured mind, and who doesn't use his issues as an excuse to do unsavory things; it's good to see a strong, non bad boy character.  I really look forward to the next books in this series; I will definitely be reading them and any others by Chelsea Fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment