Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Review for Elfin by Quinn Loftis

Absolutely loved it! When I started reading, I thought that Elfin may just be some fluff, but it was so much more than that.  Elfin goes much deeper than I thought it would.  I felt the characters had such depth, and they had many facets to them; they weren't flat.  Their personalities really shined.  I was really happy that there isn't a love triangle; there's a bit of insta-love, but insta-love doesn't bother me, so I like the whole soul mate aspect.  I loved that Cassie used her intelligence; for the most part, and she was willing to get all the facts before jumping to conclusions.  Trik was excellent, and he was such a strong character and so easy to feel for.  I thought Trik and Cassie had really great chemistry, and I wanted everything to work out for them, and reading about them and all the turmoil they have to face was really gripping.  Both of them have so much heart.  I'm glad there wasn't too much of the book that takes place in the high school setting; that's just not my cup of tea.  I enjoy the elf aspect; I've always enjoyed books that include the fae and all types of magical creatures, and this book actually didn't have much of the magical aspect, and I would have liked a bit more of that, but I still found the story very enjoyable.  I really look forward to the next book in the series, and I will look into any future books from Loftis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment