Saturday, June 7, 2014

Review for The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

I really liked this story! One of the main reason I really liked "The Kiss of Deception" was Lia; she is an excellent character.  She's strong, intelligent, she's got spunk and she grows through out the book.  I hope in the next books of this series Pearson goes into Lia's special abilities more.  I think that will be a really interesting read.  I'm not big on love triangles and there is a bit of one in this book, and I suspect that it will advance further in the next books in the series, and I am definitely rooting for one over the other so far; the one who wasn't sent to kill her, but with a trilogy I know anything can happen.  I didn't like the bit of Stockholm syndrome going on.  I'm hoping it won't be too much back and forth with Lia's feelings.  I like the traveling to different areas and meeting the different types of people.  This book does go a bit slow at the beginning, but that didn't bother me because it helped build up the story.  I will say that I didn't like Lia's solution for Pauline's "problem"; you just know its going to be an issue later.  I loved the multiple points of view; it really helped add depth to the story.  I will definitely read the next books in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment