Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Review for Inn at Last Chance by Hope Ramsay (3 out of 5 stars)

I really liked the beginning of this book, but then it became a different kind of in a sort of sudden fashion, so that through me and took me out of the story.  The problem I had is somewhat of a spoiler, but I feel it needs to be mentioned so be forewarned that I am going to write about a slight spoiler, so stop reading now if you do not want that.  Ok, so I actually really enjoy Jane Eyre, and at first I wasn't minding some of the references, but then it just became too much and it really took me out of the story.  I was so enjoying the mystery and the spooky aspect of the story. I didn't, however, enjoy some of Gabe's actions to deter Jenny, but I was still interested in the story.  I liked the romance; what little of it there was, and I liked Gabe and Jenny together; I thought they were sweet and she was good for him.  I just really wish the ending wasn't mainly Jane Eyre; it really came out of left field for me.  I also wanted Gabe to actually show Jenny he really wanted her; instead of just always giving up; he should have gone after her in the end.  With that being said I still enjoyed this book and I like some of the other books in this series, and I sometimes find Ramsay's writing a bit tame, but I still enjoy the stories, so I will continue to read other books by Ramsay.

No comments:

Post a Comment