Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Review for Control by Laura Marie Altom ( 3 out of 5 stars)

I liked this book, but I didn't love it. I like both of the main characters together, but I didn't like the situation they were in.  I didn't like Liam's initial way of trying to be with Ella, and it took me awhile to get into the story because of it, and then the story felt really rushed at the end.  What did save this book for me was that Liam wasn't man-whoring around; although there was mention of how he could get any woman, and I hate when books say that because the women in the book usually are pathetic when it comes to the main male character, and I know there are some women out there who would do anything for some hot guy with money, but sometimes or rather all the time it's ridiculous.  There was some mention of Liam's ways with women, and I was glad it was just said, and not really brought into the story.  I also didn't like the side characters; the people the main character calls her friends are not very good friends, so I just didn't like them, and I wanted her to drop them, but she was kind of weak.  I'm hoping in the next book Ella grows more of a back bone, and Liam stops running hot and cold; now that I think about it Ella needs to stop that to.  I will read the next book in the series, and since it won't have the same main issue as this first book I'm hoping I'll like it better because I do have high hopes for Ella and Liam as  a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment