Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Review for Once Loved by Cecy Robson ( 4 out 5 must reads)

I almost gave this 5 stars, but I decided to go with 4 stars because something just held me back.  I really liked this book though, and I really like this series.  I suppose I held back from the 5 star because I couldn't stand that Lety and Mateo kept putting up with their parents; giving them money and although they said it was for their mother, the dad benefited also, and to me, there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough, and that time has to be before everything hits rock bottom; I get where they were coming from; wanting to help their mom, but they are the parents and Lety and Mateo shouldn't have to do that, and their mom is making her own decision.  I also gave the first book 4 stars, and I didn't mention this issue in my review for the first book, but I feel it may have swayed me to give the 4 stars then as well. Okay enough of that.  I loved Brody and Lety, and I think they are great together and have massive chemistry.  Lety was getting on my nerves a bit with her self deprecating, but I was still rooting for her.  Another plus of these books is the men, they are wonderful and sweet, and know how to appreciate a woman.  I'm looking forward to the next book in the series; Sofia's story, and I like the glimpses of the other characters from the previous books.  These books keep me interested till the end, and I read them in one sitting, so I definitely recommend them!

No comments:

Post a Comment