Friday, March 20, 2015

Review for True Calling by Siobhan Davis ( 5 out of 5 stars)

I really enjoyed this! I almost gave it 4 stars because I hate love triangles and I really dislike Isla, but I liked the premise and other characters more than I hate those things, so 5 stars is the way I went.  This book is very thorough, very descriptive; sometimes a bit too much, but I think it really helped build the world up.  I love futuristic type books and also dystopian type books, and this book is both, so I liked all that tech talk, but it did run a bit long, and I would have liked for the pacing of the story to be a bit faster.  Ariana and Cal were interesting characters, and I think they were really sweet together. Ariana had some feistiness to her, as well as intelligence, and Cal was both strong, as well as vulnerable.  I liked Zane as well; except for some of his actions with a certain someone, and I look forward to learning more about him in the next book. I will definitely read the next book in the series; I'm really looking forward to how things will play out; (bit of a spoiler ahead, but really it's more of a teaser, or I could just be reading too much into an actions; we shall see!) especially what happened to Ariana when she was put to sleep at the doctor's!

No comments:

Post a Comment