Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Review for All that Sparkles by Claire Boston - 4 bee's knees

I enjoyed reading this, although it wasn't initially what I was expecting. The cover made me think it would be a sexually charged romance, but it wasn't. In fact, the sex scenes were mainly omitted, there was romance leading up to the act, but no in depth descriptions of the actual act. I liked that this book wasn't all about the sex; I enjoy sweet romances, and this book delivered. This book was pretty tame, and it had a bit of a slow build up to the relationship between the main character. I loved the main characters initial meeting backstory, and I liked both of the characters, so rooting for them was easy. I do wish Imogen had a little bit more sass to her, and Christian was a bit monotone for me; he needed a bit more passion. I liked the fashion industry aspect, and that Imogen makes clothing, and her wanting to branch out from what is expected of her was a good way to show the growth of her character. I liked all the supporting characters, and since I haven't read the first book in the series, I'd like to do that because they were in this book a bit, but I don't think reading this book without reading the first book was a problem since it's about a different set of main characters. All in all, this book was a cute romance with likable characters with a sweet backstory.

No comments:

Post a Comment