Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Review for The Clouded Sky by Megan Crewe- 4 out of 5 bee's knees

This wasn't quite as action packed as the first book, but I still found it very interesting! It's a lot more about uncovering the mysteries behind those who are against those on Earth and who could be sabotaging the groups mission. This book mainly takes place on Kemya, that really added an interesting element to the story, but with how superior the Kemyanites feel they are, they do have a lot of similar Earthling problems, so it wasn't too much different from Earth in that respect, but all the cool tech was fun. Skylar has definitely grown on me a lot more since the first book, she seems more confident, and I liked how she took initiative to figure things out and learn for herself. I will say that the characters still felt a bit muted to me, and Skylar was the only one I actually felt growing. Win and Jule were growing on me though, and I look forward to seeing their stories evolve in the next book. The story did move a bit slowly, and any scene with Thlo was annoying, and some of the planning sessions were tedious, but the addition of the sort of space battle was lots of fun. This is a great series so far, and I am really looking forward to the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment