Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Review for Earth & Sky Megan Crewe- 4 bee's knees

This book had tons of interesting things going on, and I was interested till the end! It did go a bit slowly at times, but because there was a lot of different ideas going on, it kept me reading. There's time travel, going to different countries, and a puzzle to be solved, lots of fun stuff to read about, and the little tidbits of history were enjoyable to read. I was definitely intrigued in the whole sci-fi aspect of this book, it was a great blend of the futuristic and the past. I went with 4 stars instead of 5 because I think the characters were a bit flat, and I just didn't connect with either of the main characters. Skylar was a bit too emotional for my liking, and she overreacted to certain situation; some of it was justified, but a lot of it was just too much, and it made me feel as if she is really fragile, but luckily there were bursts of strength she would show every now and then, but I still couldn't quite connect with her. Win was fine, but I felt he was a bit boring. I hope in the next book, there will be more character development because I really want to care about the characters in the book I'm reading. I will definitely read the next book! The adventure and all the action really draw me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment