Thursday, May 28, 2015

Review for Sweet Agony by Charlotte Stein - 3 bee's knees

I didn't know what to expect with this book, but when I read the synopsis, my first thought was Jane Eyre, and then when the author started making references to Eyre, I see that was intentional. Then as I was reading, I thought it was like the movie the Secretary, this was very close to the beginning of the book, and as I read further it really began to resemble the movie. There was promise in the beginning of the book, but as the book went on it just became about sex, and nothing else happened, just a whole lot of sex exploration, and the sex is of the BDSM nature. The descriptions were very graphic, and the word choice was over the top. They talk dirty to each other all the time, and try to use the most vulgar words. It wasn't really to my liking. I gave this a 3 star, rather than less because I like the whole premise of the story. The book was fine, but it definitely needed more story to it, and the ending was pretty blah. All in all, you have Beauty and the Beast/Jane Eyre in the BDSM world, so if you like all sex books then this will be good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment