Friday, May 29, 2015

Review for Witches Be Burned by Stacey Kennedy - 4 bee's knees

I really love supernatural action romance books, so this was right up my alley. I haven't read the first book, so I didn't have a take on the characters yet, but I really liked all of them, so far, and even though I would have liked to read the first book before this one, I still really enjoyed this. Nexi was kick-ass, but I would have liked to see her grow more with her powers, the times she should use them she doesn't, so she is stilted. Also, I hate when characters don't tell their "team" the truth or the whole truth anyway, so that was a negative point for me because I just know that's going to cause problems. All the action scenes were great, and the world building was interesting. One thing I didn't like, and I'm not quite sure why, was the soul sister thing. I liked that this book had a good blend of romance, action, and character building. I also think the sex scenes were well written, and there weren't so many that I became sick of them, sometimes I find myself skimming over sex scenes in books because there are way too many of them, and they go on forever, but I that wasn't a problem with this book. I think Kyden is great, and I really hope Nexi doesn't break his heart, and I'm thinking although Nexi and Kyden say they love each other, they aren't quite making it legit, so I'm hoping their relationship continues to build in the next book. All in all, I love that there many different supernaturals in this series, and I'm really looking forward to continuing the series, and I will definitely read the first book!

No comments:

Post a Comment