Friday, June 12, 2015

Review for Amber Smoke by Kristin Cast - 4 bee's knees

I like where this story is going, this book was very much a tease for a more involved story. I do like books that have elements of Greek mythology; except for the ones where the gods are complete a-holes, so I liked that aspect of this story, and the action and mystery to the story kept me reading. What I didn't like was the character development, I didn't feel anything for the characters, they felt flat, no depth. Eva was immature and made bad decisions, and the same with her friend, Bridget, she's the typical party girl best friend. Why can't the main female leads ever have a best friend who isn't guy crazy, and who doesn't act like there isn't a care in the world except for what to wear? Bridget wasn't quite that bad though, so I actually still kind of liked Eva and Bridget, as odd as that sounds, I did like that they weren't teenagers because I feel it opens the characters up for more plotlines, but at this point, I don't really care what happens to the characters. Eva did start to grow on me a bit, and I liked Alek, and I liked Eva and Alek's interaction. I just hope there aren't a whole bunch guys that get thrown at Eva; it would be nice to not have a love triangle of some type, but I won't hold my breath. I think there's lots of room to grow for the characters in this series, and maybe that's the author intention to have some not so fab characters in the beginning, who grow into awesome characters as they evolve. Which is fine, as long as it doesn't take to many books to get to it. I also hope this series isn't going to be a gazillion books, I like 3 or so books, and not much more; it starts to become boring and annoying when a story goes on to long. I will read the next book because as I said the actual plot kept me interested, and I sense the plot is just getting started, and I have hopes that the characters will show more depth. I feel like the action is just getting started! Interesting beginning to a new series I feel I will enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment