Thursday, June 18, 2015

Review for Arivaca by John Poulsen - 3 bee's knees

I liked this, but it was a bit slow at times, and it took awhile to get into the story. I didn't totally love the characters, but I did like how they evolved. I like the adventure and mystery in the story, and I'm always down for a treasure hunt! The scenes on the ranch weren't really my favorite, and I really just wanted to get to the mystery. Jesse did grow on me a bit, and I initially really liked Cedar, but towards the end I wanted more from her. I do hope Cedar and Jesse can work it out in the end. I'm not huge into religious storylines, but it does make for interesting reading and some cool relics to search for, and I don't feel like it deterred from the story. I think mainly I didn't give this more stars is because I just didn't really connect with the characters and the slowness, but I still enjoyed it, and it was an interesting read. I think I'll check out the next book in the series, I see the story really developing, and I think it could get really epic now that the initial set up is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment