Saturday, June 13, 2015

Review for Commanded by Stacey Kennedy - 5 bee's knees!

This one is my favorite of the series so far! I'm not huge into BDSM books, so I like the books in this series that mainly take place outside of Club Sin. I generally really like the characters in this series, but I'd have to say Chloe is definitely at the top for me. I like that this story shows that you don't need to have people watching you do BDSM and you don't need to watch others in order to have some zing in your sex life. Obviously when you have a book about BDSM, there's going to be lots of sex, and while there was indeed sex scenes, I didn't feel like it was too much, and they were definitely spicy. I really liked the chemistry between Sawyer and Chloe, and I like the resolution of their relationship. I also liked the side story of needing to help Sawyer's sister. There was one time in the book that Sawyer said something about how being in a BDSM scene wasn't about sex, and I find that hard to believe, I mean even if you don't complete the act of sex, the people in the scene are getting pleasure, sexual pleasure from the scene, so if my man wanted to be in scenes without me, I would not be okay with that! Sawyer's viewpoint did not gel with me. I also don't like that the group of characters just sit around and have conversations with barely any clothes on, or sometimes none at all, that's just odd. If you aren't in a BDSM scene at the club, your tits don't need to be out while you are having a serious discussion. So weird! I'm very interested in the next book, Mine, that revisits Dmitri and Presley, since I enjoyed their original book, and I usually like the glimpses of the other characters from the previous books in the series, so I'm excited to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment