Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Review for Going Home by Stacy Finz - 5 bee's knees!

I read the 2nd book in this series first, and I really liked that book, with the exception of Clay getting on my nerves, so I already knew a bit about the main characters in this book, Maddy and Rhys, and I liked both of them in the 2nd book, so I wasn't surprised that they were very likable in their own book. Maddy is going through a tough time in her life, and I felt for her, and I was rooting for her, and I think it's important that a reader wants the lead characters to succeed, and she really held it together, she was definitely strong. I liked that Maddy and Rhys relationship progressed at a natural speed. I don't mind instalove so much, but it's nice to have a book that doesn't have that element. I do wish it was a bit faster, but there was enough other stuff going on that I didn't mind it. I would of loved a bit more from the end, so I say my rating is a bit more of a 4.5 stars. All the Donner history was interesting, I'm not sure if all the info is factual, but I still enjoyed it, and I like books that have the character renovating cool older buildings, so that was already a plus in my mind. I didn't really enjoy the surrogate storyline; it just wasn't my thing. Maddy and Rhys relationship was really sweet, and they both are great people, who deserve happiness in their lives. The added element of danger to the story was a nice touch, and I was interested in the other characters in the book, especially Colin, I think his book would be interesting. The next book in the series is about Clay and Emily, Clay is mentioned a bit in this book, and although I don't really care for Clay, I still really liked the next book, so I'm enjoying this series so far! This series has sweet, slow-moving romances, that develop into strong bonds between the couple. I'd definitely read the next books in the series, and more books by Stacy Finz!

No comments:

Post a Comment