Monday, June 22, 2015

Review for Once Upon a Cowboy by Maggie McGinnis - 4 bee's knees

I really liked this! I'm not quite sure why I didn't give it 5 stars, but I think I just wanted a little more in the ending, and the development of Jess and Cole's relationship. I really enjoyed all the characters, and I definitely want to read the previous books in the series! I'm especially looking forward to reading the first book in the series featuring Kyla and Decker, and I look forward to reading any future books in the series. I really like Maggie McGinnis' writing, I think she does a nice job of creating a full story. There are love scenes in this book, but they don't go into detail, they are just alluded to, and everything is pretty much wholesome. I liked Jess' tenacity, and even though she had a hard time standing up for herself, you could tell she is a strong woman who makes intelligent decisions, and Cole is wonderful, he's a manly cowboy with a fun sense of humor and a sweet heart. I like the ranch setting, and love cowboys, so that was a lot of fun and interesting. Jess and Cole are really cute together, and lots of fun, and they have an ease about them that just works. There's some tough things that happened to Jess, and Cole has a lot on his shoulders, but they both maintain a smile on their faces, and rooting for them was an easy task. A sweet, romantic read with 2 people who deserve happiness in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment