Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review for Alive by Scott Sigler - 4 bees knees

This was a cross between Lord of the Flies and Maze Runner. I love the whole concept of waking up without knowing who you are or what's going on. Em wakes up in a coffin type thing without any knowledge of who she is, and she also finds others trapped in coffins; some alive and some not. Em's group tries to find a way out of whatever they are trapped in. They were in stasis it seems, and I feel like there was an Egyptian feel to the place they were trapped; like they were mummies or something like that. The story is definitely action packed, and it was an interesting read. A lot of the book is about the group trying to survive, and finding an escape. Em is a strong character, and she doesn't always make the right decisions, but overall she is doing her best to do what is right. I did like the side characters as well, and I would have actually liked to see a bit more interaction between them and Em. There's not really any romance in this book, there are bits alluded to, but nothing is really developed. I do look forward to reading the next book in the series, since this book leaves a lot of open questions, and I hope we see a lot more development of the characters. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment