Thursday, August 27, 2015

Review for Awake by Natasha Preston - 5 bees knees!

I absolutely loved this! The whole premise is really interesting, and I think the way the story developed was excellent! Scarlett is a girl who doesn't remember the first 4 years of her life, which I don't really see why she would remember them anyway, but she begins regaining some of her memories through flashes, and they aren't really making sense with what her parents told her, so Scarlett sets out to find out what is up with these weird memories. Around the same time Scarlett meets Noah, and begins to fall deeply for him, and I think they are so adorable together, and have really sweet moments together. It turns out that a cult, which is mentioned in the blurb for the book, so it's not a spoiler, is after her, and wants her back, so they can sacrifice her because they feel that is what needs to happen in order for them to achieve some type of eternal life. This story is really great because I loved the mystery, and I couldn't stop reading until the book was finished! I was enthralled until the very end! I did want more of an ending; I hate how books don't usually have more than one chapter of what happens after things are figured out, and I found it weird how Scarlett's age kept jumping around, first she's 16, then she's 15, then she back to 16, it was so weird; maybe I just didn't read it carefully enough, I would've liked it if she were closer to 18 for this story, and I would of liked to get to the action a bit faster, but I still loved it. The way this book ended it seems there may be a next book, and I really hope there is because I would love more story with Scarlett and Noah, so I will be looking out for that, and I really liked Natasha Preston's writing, so I will look into more books from her! This book was truly wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Great review!! Also a 5 star??! woohoo!! Glad you enjoyed it!!

    I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!!
    http://thingslucyreads.blogspot.com/2015/08/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete