Monday, August 17, 2015

Review for Primal Heat by A.C Arthur - 4 bee's knees

I love shifter series, so I was hoping this would be a great one, and it was! I really enjoyed it! I haven't read the other books in the series, and I wish I would have because it would've been nice to have a connection to the characters from the previous books that are in this book, and in this book a pre-existing story is in part, part of this book, but even without reading the previous books I still really enjoyed this book, and reading a bit about the other characters from previous books, made me really interested in reading the books about the characters. In this book, Eli and Nivea are part of a group of shifters; they are soldier types, who are trying to stop a mad man shifter from outing the shifters to the world by brutal means, and also Nivea is dealing with an extremely difficult past with her family, and Eli is dealing with opening himself up to good things in his life. I love that Nivea is a kick-ass female, and I like that she stands up for herself. Eli is a great Alpha male without being too overbearing. I loved the chemistry between the two, and I would have liked more scenes with them growing together; it felt a bit rushed, but I still really enjoyed the scenes they did have together. I also would have liked more from them in the ending, I felt I didn't really get closure on their relationship; it felt rushed. I'm thinking there will be glimpses of them in the next books, so I'll look forward to that. The sex scenes were pretty good between the two, and I like the whole I can't love you because I'm scared scenario, and they also had sweet moments together. I could've done without the sex scenes with the enemy side though, and even the point of view scenes with them, and I have a bit of an iffy opinion on the after the fact scenes. The author would have the characters reflect on something that happened in their relationship, rather than having an actual scene, and I would have really liked to have the actual scene because some of them were about the growing development of Eli and Nivea's relationship, and to have more in depth scenes between them would of been nice. All in all, I really liked this book, and I'm really looking forward to reading the previous books in the series, and any future books in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment