Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review for Take the Fall by Marquita Valentine - 3 bees knees

I liked the premise for this story; I really enjoy second chance at love stories, and I did like the characters, but I didn't love them. Rowan was a bit crazy, and I like that she's a strong woman, but she overreacts too much. I liked Seth, and how determined he is, and how he doesn't give up, but I don't really get why he was so pissed at Rowan. In this book Seth is sent to prison for some months, and then is forced to join the Marines, so he can have early release from prison. The fact that he was forced to join the military is just insane to me, and he must of had a horrible lawyer because Seth and others involved got crazy sentences. The chemistry between Rowan and Seth was really great, and I think they are a great match for each other, but I did want some more romance scenes and relationship building scenes, rather than just sex scenes. There are those scenes, but I would've liked a bit more. Rowan is very stubborn, and somewhat childish, so be prepared to get frustrated with how much she is really bratty, and I just have to say Seth is a saint for putting up with her attitude, and I will say Rowan is a bit justified in being weary of trusting Seth, so I understand where she is coming from, but it was very over the top a lot of the time. I think I'll read the next book, I'm thinking it will be Jase and Piper's story; Jase is Rowan's brother. I don't really like Jase because he sleeps around with very skeezy women; he talks about getting a blow job from a coked-out stripper, and so he doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Piper is Rowan's best friend, who has a crush on Jase, and she doesn't seem to care that he sleeps with all these gross women; she's a doormat when it comes to him, so I don't know I don't think I'll like the characters very much in that book. I suppose Piper will have room to grow, but I just don't like the idea of her skulking around watching Jase sleep with all these women; she needs to get some self confidence and realize she's worth more than that, and Jase also needs to grow up. Jase thinks he is trash, and I think, that's why he doesn't think he deserves any better than some loose women. So, since I have high hopes for growth from both characters, I'm going to try to get past the horrible beginning scenes in their book.

No comments:

Post a Comment