Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Review for A Bad Boy for Christmas by Jessica Lemmon - 4 bees knees



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

Connor McClain knows what he wants. And after four harrowing years in Afghanistan, that's a quiet life in the lakeside town of Evergreen Cove. But coming home has land mines of its own-the most dangerous of them being long-legged bombshell Faith Garrett. Now getting her into his arms this holiday is going to require more than mistletoe . . . With a cheating ex behind her, all Faith wants is a relaxing holiday free from man drama. And even though every moment with gorgeous Connor is a sweet temptation, Faith is determined not to give in. But Jack Frost has other plans, and soon Faith and Connor are snowbound in a winter wonderland with only the sparks flying between them to keep them warm. As one hot kiss leads to another, they'll have to decide if they're ready to give each other the best gift of all-love.

MY REVIEW -

I love books that take place during the holidays, so I loved that aspect of this book, and this book takes place over a few months, so there were all the major end of year holidays! The main female lead, Faith, is wary of relationships since she was cheated on by her fiancé, so she's going through this, I need to be an independent woman phase, so when Connor starts tempting her, she tries her hardest to stay away from him. I actually don't like this scenario because I don't like that Faith basically hurts both herself and Connor trying to maintain her so called independence; you can still have your independence, and be in a relationship, so I did get frustrated with Faith, and I felt bad for Connor. I think Connor was great, and I like how he went after what he wanted, and he wasn't just going to give in to being Faith's boy toy. I also really don't think Connor is a bad boy, as the title of this book suggest, even when he was younger I didn't get the bad boy vibe from him, so I thought the title wasn't quite accurate, and I think Connor is actually a really great guy, who has a good head on his shoulders. There are some pretty steamy scenes in this book, and I thought they were nicely written, and Connor and Faith have some excellent chemistry. The way Connor jokes with Faith is really cute, and it added some great levity to the book. I have read other books by Lemmon, but I haven't read any in this series, so I didn't know any of the previous character's stories, but I don't think it really matter for this book, but it would have been nice to read those character's books first, since they are present in this book some, so if you have the opportunity to read the other books in this series first, I say do that first, and I plan to check them out because they definitely sound interesting! I'm also looking forward to Asher and Gloria's book, but I don't like the baby by a one night stand angle, so I am a little iffy of that book, but I like Gloria, so I am going to give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment