Thursday, September 17, 2015

Review for Changeling by Vaun Murphrey - 5 bees knees!



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

When the girls are forced to flee Earth to escape being the next target of a deranged Axsian fugitive, they end up getting much more than they bargained for. Their guardian, Kal, couldn't possibly have prepared them for the chaos and intrigue of his home world. Can Silver and Cassandra put aside their differences and work together to make it through alive? Find out in CHANGELING, Book Two of the Weaver Series.

MY REVIEW -


This was better than the first book for me, and I really enjoyed the first book, but I loved this one! It was just as unique as the first book, and I loved that the setting was among aliens, and the aliens homeland. The author did an excellent job of creating a really interesting alien world, and created a very vivid picture in my mind as I read. I liked that this book's main voice was Silver's; it's good to have more of her perspective on things, and I liked her involvement with Mez. I love all the side characters; they were interesting and had levels to his/her personalities. I still don't like the age of the main characters, but I just pushed that out of my head, so I really wouldn't have to think about it, and it helped increase my like for the story. I like that the main characters are still feisty and intelligent. I also didn't like the time jumps; sometimes it was months, and sometimes it was years, and I feel it would have been just better for the author to have the main characters be an appropriate age for things to occur, then to have the time jumps. I also don't like the view of the main characters on intimate relations; that it's just a bodily need, and that it wouldn't matter if someone you were in a relationship with was with someone else, I just thought that was odd; especially with how the character acts after. I feel like this is stepping into iffy territory. I still really enjoyed this book, and I'm looking forward to the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment