Monday, September 21, 2015

Review for Deep Night by Kathy Clark - 3 bees knees



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

Ex-soldier Chris Wilson lost too many friends to war. Back home in Denver, he’s trying to make a difference as a paramedic, treating victims of crisis situations. Not even active combat could prepare Chris for the rush he gets when violence and tragedy collide, but the job isn’t the only thing making his heart race. His partner is his closest confidant from childhood, and the girl he remembers is now a strong, sensual woman . . . who needs him more than ever. Sara Richards is more comfortable risking her life than asking for help. The petite blonde medic put a wall around her heart long ago, vowing to never let anyone hurt her again. Only now her long-buried secrets threaten to destroy everything she’s built. And though she should be able to trust Chris, his smoldering blue-gray eyes ignite desires that feel more dangerous than whatever’s lurking in the shadows. For once, Sara can’t go it alone. But Chris might just be stubborn enough to stand by her side as she faces down her worst nightmare.

MY REVIEW -

hmmm...I don't know what to really think about this one. I like the premise for the book, and I liked each of the characters. I loved that Sara and Chris have known each other since they were kids, and they were really good for each other, and each of their personalities really complimented each other. The thing that threw me off was that the subject matter was extreme, and there would be these scenes where something really horrible would happen, and then there would be a romance scene, and I don't think the book was successful in the transitions between the scenes. It was quite jarring, and I also think there were too many scenes of the characters working; with how short the book is, I felt that the amount of scenes with them on the job overtook the book some, and I get that they are paramedics, but I don't think the book needed all those scenes. I was interested the whole time though, and I did like that each of the character have something to work through, and that they really help and rely on each other. I loved how honest they are with each other. So, yeah I liked this book, but not quite loved it, and I am still on the fence about reading the previous books in this series, but since this book was such a quick read, I think I'll just give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment