Friday, September 25, 2015

Review for Missing by Randa Flannery - 5 bees knees!



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

Haunted by her best friend's disappearance, always practical Rowan Quaide lives a life of cold logic. As an intelligence analyst, her world is ruled by who has the best strategy and Ro's reasoned control makes her Queen. A Chance encounter with a man from her past stretches the bounds of reason and throws her into a game of dark deception and danger. With the past creeping from her nightmares into her reality, Ro pits herself against the monster determined to destroy the new love she's found. As the intel gets more and more disturbing and events begin to spin out of control, she must rely one her instincts and cling to an unreasonable truth, or allow logic to tear her apart.

MY REVIEW -

Terrific! Loved, Loved it! I loved the concept for this book, and I'm always down for a mystery! The main character, Rowan, is super neurotic, and she has manic episodes that effect her health and well being, but she is really intelligent and has a very unique way of looking at things. I absolutely loved her! I love the way she figures out a problem, and I love how raw she is. She has an obsession with finding out what happened to her best friend who went missing 8 years ago, she has such an obsession with it that she goes into these frantic, closed off moments, and she's a bit of an introvert. I really enjoyed her friendship with Farrah; it was really great to see Rowan has a good support system, and her friends at work were a nice addition, and I loved the love interest, and their relationship was so sweet, and I felt the intimate deep layers to their relationship while I was reading. I needed to finish this book, so I stayed up way to late, and that is definitely a sign of a very interesting book, that keeps a reader engrossed in the story. I will definitely look for more books by Randa Flannery!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this, it sounds really good! Going to add it on GR now lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go, if you like unique characters and situations. I was pleasantly surprised because I hadn't heard of this author before, and I'm glad this book came my way!

      Delete