Thursday, September 24, 2015

Review for The Heat of the Moment by Katie Rose - 4 bees knees



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

Physical therapist Jessica Hart has learned her lesson: Never date professional athletes. She’s been down that road, and barely recovered after the relationship crashed and burned. Then Jessica meets Gavin King. An All-Star slugger with chiseled good looks, Gavin was traded to the Sonics because he hurt his knee sliding into second, and now his future is in her hands. Gavin’s no bad boy—but he’s tempting enough to make Jessica think twice about all her rules. Gavin is trying to find a comfortable routine. If he wants his old life back, he must take it easy, stay out of the limelight, and keep his distance from gorgeous redheaded physical therapists. The thing is, Gavin isn’t the kind of guy to sit on his ass and let other people pull his weight. And when he sees something he wants, he can’t help but fight for it, even if it means risking everything, even if it only lasts a single moment: like one kiss from Jessica.

MY REVIEW -

This was cute and light hearted, and I really enjoyed it! I haven't read any of the other books in the series, and although it would've been nice to have read them because previous characters are involved in this book, I don't feel like I couldn't enjoy this book because I didn't know the side characters. One thing I don't usually like about sports romances is that the guys tend to be dogs, and just because they are athletes they sleep with tons of women, so I was glad that's not really a big thing in this book; Gavin was a solid guy, and he doesn't play around when he wants what he wants; he's honest and just an all around good guy, and I loved how he doesn't give up, and he keeps on fighting. I enjoyed Jessica as well, she was an intelligent, well rounded woman, and I like that she's a bit of a tomboy. I do wish she got her confidence a bit sooner than she did, but I still think she was great. They had some excellent intimate scenes together; definitely some spicy moments, and I loved their first date; so sweet! I like the injured baseball player angle, and I did enjoy the scenes at the ball club and the games. All in all, this book kept me interested until the end, and I was really rooting for all the characters! I look forward to reading more books in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment