Saturday, October 31, 2015

Review for Melting Into You by Laura Trentham - 5 bees knees!



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

Alec Grayson returns home to Falcon, Alabama, to rebuild his life after a knee injury ended his NFL career. As the Falcon high school quarterback coach, Alec's love for the game is reignited. Meanwhile, he puts his hard-partying past and the betrayal of the people he trusted most behind him, and adopts a hard demeanor. That is, until a spitfire artist with soulful eyes and a body that haunts his dreams gets under his skin and threatens to crack his armor.

Lilliana Hancock is forced to leave her struggling-artist lifestyle in New York and return to Falcon after her father's unexpected death leaves her a decrepit family mansion. Determined to use her skills to turn the home into a successful bed and breakfast, Lilliana is stopped at every turn by the town contractor, who happens to be Alec, the gorgeous and arrogant jock to whom she lost her virginity in college. Except Alec doesn't remember, which infuriates her. Too bad she can't forget the way his body felt against hers or how his heated gaze follows her...

Will they be able to put their pasts behind them for a future together?

MY REVIEW -

I really enjoyed this addition to this series! I've given every book in this series 5 stars so far, and this one was just as excellent as the other books. I think the main reason I enjoyed this book was because I really liked Lilliana! She's quirky, sassy, and I like how she doesn't hide her thoughts; she did seem a bit too naïve at times though, but I still think she's great. I like that she's an artist, and I liked the setting of the not quite a B&B yet house. I also enjoyed Alec, he's a bit of a tough guy, but he's a big softy underneath. Alec and Lilliana had some great chemistry, and their sex scenes were indeed steamy. I liked the storyline with Alec's parents, and I like having the characters from the other books in this book; I actually would've liked to have more of them! The situation with Alec's quarterback was interesting, but I didn't totally like how it ended up; Lilliana got the shaft in that situation; also you don't need a duffle bag for that amount of money, I was laughing at that. Fun, sweet read with some interesting characters. I recommend this whole series!

No comments:

Post a Comment