Friday, October 23, 2015

Review for Mine by Stacey Kennedy - 5 bees knees!



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

Dmitri Pratt is living out his dream. Not only does he own the ultimate playground for the BDSM lifestyle, he’s found a special connection with his deliciously sexy sub, Presley Flynn, the woman who complements him in ways that go far beyond the bedroom. But when an anonymous blackmailer threatens to expose the elite, high-profile members of Club Sin in a notorious tabloid, Dmitri’s perfect world spirals out of control.

Before she met Dmitri, Presley never imagined she would find a Master who could deliver on all her hottest fantasies. Dmitri’s love and his sensual artistry surprise her every day, until he suddenly turns distant and cold. For the first time, Presley wonders where Dmitri’s heart truly lies: with her, or with Club Sin. As the life they’ve built together begins to crumble, Presley can only trust that Dmitri has what it takes—to defend what’s his, and win back the woman he cannot live without.

Mine is intended for mature audiences.

MY REVIEW -

I enjoyed this ending to the Club Sin series. I did like this series, but I don't think I'll continue with the new series about the new club and the new members because I don't really like the BDSM club scene. Throughout this series, what I mostly enjoyed was the scenes that took place outside of the club, so I think I'll just stick with romances outside of the club setting. I liked that this book took the readers back to Presley and Dmitri's relationship; I enjoyed their original story, and it was nice to see their relationship come full circle. They still have the heat between them, and they are still really sweet with each other. I liked that Presley stood up for herself, but I actually wanted her to do it a bit more. She stands up for herself, but she doesn't quite do it with conviction, so I would have liked to see her hold out a bit more. I agree with her that, Dmitri and her need to be a team, but I get where Dmitri is coming from; Presley is a bit too fragile, and would not take the situation well, which I don't really like about her personality, but I still think she is strong in other admirable ways. I think it sucks that the situation with the club was dealt with the way it was because the "bad guy(s)", in a way, sort of got away with it, so I thought that wasn't great. I liked seeing all the other characters from the previous books, and I think this was a good end to a good series.

No comments:

Post a Comment