Thursday, October 15, 2015

Review for Under My Skin by J. Kenner - 3 bees knees



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

He’s the only man I’ve ever loved, and the one man I can’t bear to lose.

Jackson Steele is my light in this world. Charismatic, bold, and always in control, he knows what he wants and how to get it—and absolutely nothing stands in his way. His hold on me is magnetic, his claim on me complete, his kiss my ultimate escape. We both harbor dark secrets that could tear our lives apart. Though we’ve tried to bury our pasts, there are certain people who won’t let us forget. But the closer danger comes, the brighter the fire between us burns—our ecstasy consuming and soothing us both. There’s no telling what lies ahead, but I know that Jackson never gives in without a fight. I’d do anything he wants to keep him safe, give him anything he needs. And now that we’re in deep, nothing can make me run.

Under My Skin is intended for mature audiences.

MY REVIEW -

Okay...so I want to start off by saying I haven't read the first 2 books in this series, but I enjoy J. Kenner's writing, and this book came to me, so I thought what the heck! I don't mind spoilers, so I'm going to go ahead and read this book, and then decide if I'll read the first 2, so knowing that I don't have the reader relationship truly built with these characters may mean I'm not fully grasping the true worthiness of the series, so take my review with that in mind. Also, I plan to mention things that a person who has read the first 2 books would know, so if you don't want spoilers for the first 2 books don't read any further.

So, I just don't think this was up my alley. First off, I don't like the unknown child scenario, so right there I wouldn't want to read the other 2 books. Second, I don't like that Sylvia tattoos the initials of men she had one night stands with on her thigh, so I really don't want to read about that happening. I think other readers probably wouldn't mind these things, so if you don't mind secret children storyline, then I would probably bump this up another star. I actually did like Sylvia and Jackson, and they had some steamy chemistry. There are quite a few sex scenes, and they are of the BDSM variety; I'd say BDSM light, and they did have some really sweet moments as well, so I actually enjoyed those moments, and I thought Sylvia and Jackson were really great together, and that's where the majority of my rating comes from; that I really loved them together. Their relationship has tons of depth, and the emotions they feel for each other are amazing. The book moved a bit slow for me, but I liked the mystery of who was guilty of the murder. I have read J. Kenner's other series, Stark Trilogy, so it was cool to see the characters from those books. Yeah, I don't think I could handle all the angst of the first 2 books, that lead up to Sylvia and Jackson being in a good place with each other in this book, so I'll probably not read the first 2 books; maybe I'll decide to later on, but for now I am going to hold off. I loved the characters, and I did enjoy this book; I was interested till the end, so I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment