Sunday, October 4, 2015

Review for The Name of the Game by Jennifer Dawson - 5 bees knees!



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

Some people follow the rules. . . A professor of forensic anthropology, James Donovan is the reasonable sibling among the passionate, impulsive Donovans. But there's nothing reasonable about his reaction to baker Gracie Roberts. She's all wild curls and mouth-watering curves, as deliciously tempting as the sugary treats she's famous for--and twice as irritating. But before long, James decides that getting a taste of her is one indulgence he can't pass up. . . Some people play to win. . . Independent, smart, and sexy, Gracie's year-long dry spell has her itching for a man. Responsible, health-obsessed James? Not in a million years! She needs a guy who knows how to let loose! But when James sets out to show her just how satisfying a disciplined man can be when pleasure is at stake, she learns just how sweet--and spicy--he really is. Have James and Gracie found the recipe for love?

MY REVIEW -

I loved the opposites attract scenario, and I really enjoyed both characters. James and Gracie definitely have tons of chemistry, and their sex scenes were off the charts; I didn't necessarily like all of the scenes, but I won't deny that they were definitely very spicy; a lot of role playing type scenarios. I like how James is an intellectual, but he has a hidden wild side; I do think some of the things he does were a bit too far away from his character, but I still really enjoyed his character. I like that Gracie was a strong female and that she has her own business, and I think it's good to be an independent woman, although there does become a time when being too independent can cause problems, and I think Gracie did have some moments that were right on the edge, but I loved how she didn't let other people affect her actions; she goes after what she wants. I loved the beginning tension between James and Gracie, and I like how the story unfolds, and James and Gracie are super sweet with each other, and I think they are a great couple. The whole scene when Gracie is delivering some baked goods towards the end was super amazing; I loved it! James was epic! I haven't read any of the previous books, so the addition of the characters from previous books has made me really interested in each of their stories, so I will definitely be looking forward to that, and still enjoyed this book without having read those books, but if you can read the books in order, I would recommend it.

1 comment: