Saturday, November 21, 2015

Review for Every Little Kiss by Kim Amos - 4 bees knees



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

TURN ON THE CHARM

Eternal good girl Casey Tanner moved to White Pine for a fresh start. Her mission: to finally have fun. And a fling with a reckless bad boy is the very first item on the to-do list she pretended not to make. After one long, lingering look at a sexy firefighter, Casey has found her man.

...AND TURN UP THE HEAT

Getting women into his bed has never been a problem for Abe Cameron. Letting one into his heart is an entirely different matter. But just one kiss, just one touch, just one smile from beautiful Casey has this lifelong bachelor flirting with the idea of forever. And Casey's refusal to settle down only makes Abe more determined than ever to win her heart. Now the one woman who can't be caught is the only one Abe can't live without...

MY REVIEW -

So...the book I just read right before this one has the same type of scenario that's in this book, and I have decided that I don't like that scenario. The scenario is when the main characters, or just one of the main characters decides that sex without any commitment is a good idea, and everyone will be totally happy with the situation, but of course they aren't because guess what! emotions are part of sex, so then problems arise. Also, why does every guy need to sleep with tons of women! Can't we just have a hot guy that doesn't need to have sex with a whole bunch of women; I guess not because it's in every dang book I read! Okay enough ranting. So, I tried to look past not enjoying the problem maker in this story, and I actually did enjoy the characters, so I still went with a 4 rating. I haven't read the previous books, which I've decided I like because this book is about Casey, and it seems that she wasn't very likable in the previous books, so it was good to not have preconceived notions about her, and I liked her. I do plan to read the previous books because I like the storylines for the previous 2 books, and I did mostly like Kim Amos' writing. I loved the way the characters meet in this book, I'm always down for hot firemen, and I did think they had some great chemistry, and the romance scenes had some spice. I did think it odd that Abe made such a turn around, and I did get frustrated with Casey because I feel like she needs more conviction. I liked Casey and her sister's relationship, and I like the other ladies in Casey's circle of friends; they have a fun dynamic, and add some humor to the story. I look forward to the previous books, and the future books, and hopefully we won't have anymore books with the sex with no strings storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment