Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Review for Everything I Left Unsaid by Molly O'Keefe - 4 bees knees



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

I didn’t think answering someone else’s cellphone would change my life. But the stranger with the low, deep voice on the other end of the line tempted me, awakened my body, set me on fire. He was looking for someone else. Instead he found me.

And I found a hot, secret world where I felt alive for the first time.

His name was Dylan, and, strangely, he made me feel safe. Desired. Compelled. Every dark thing he asked me to do, I did. Without question. I longed to meet him, but we were both keeping secrets. And mine were dangerous. If I took the first step, if I got closer to Dylan—emotionally, physically—then I wouldn’t be hiding anymore. I would be exposed, with nothing left to surrender but the truth. And my truth could hurt us both.

MY REVIEW -

This was almost a 5 rating for me, but I just didn't find Annie quite to my liking. I liked her, but I just didn't like her thought process, but I suppose that's because she was raised in a sort of sheltered life. I wasn't quite sure if it was a cult, or if it was just a religious town, but she was definitely closed off from people who should've looked out for her, and because of that she made bad choices, and she didn't have the opportunity to grow; she's still a bit childish, even though she's 24, and so I had a difficult time dealing with her immature decisions. Another thing I didn't love, is when she goes to her neighbor's work place; I don't want to spoil it, so I won't say what her neighbor does, but that whole scene was just very unappealing to me. Dylan was an interesting character, he's sort of a recluse and an alpha, but he also has problems and demons in his life, and he's not really dealing with them, so he's closed himself off emotional from a lot of people. Both Dylan and Annie are secretive. Annie is secretive, but I thought she chose the wrong people to not be secretive with, so there's another thing I wasn't in love with about her. I liked how Annie and Dylan first are introduced to each other, the whole finding a phone, and getting to know some mysterious guy on the other line is interesting; it's risky, but unique, and they do have some spicy scenes; a lot of self pleasure, but still spicy. I liked how the story evolved, and I'm glad I have the next book in the series because I would have hated to wait with that cliffhanger in this book! I did enjoy the mysteries in this book, and I couldn't put the book down because I wanted to know the answers! I look forward to the next book, and I'll check out any other books of Molly O'Keefe.

No comments:

Post a Comment