Thursday, November 19, 2015

Review for Irresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne - 3 bees knees



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

Hotshot sports editor Cole Sharpe has been freelancing for Oxford for years, so when he hears about a staff position opening up, he figures he’s got the inside track. Then his boss drops a bombshell: Cole has competition. Female competition, in the form of a fresh-faced tomboy who can hang with the dudes—and write circles around them, too. Cole usually likes his women flirty and curvy, but he takes a special interest in his skinny, sassy rival, if only to keep an eye on her. And soon, he can’t take his eyes off her.

Penelope Pope knows all too well that she comes off as just one of the guys. Since she’s learned that wanting more usually leads to disappointment, Penelope’s resigned to sitting on the sidelines when it comes to love. So why does Cole make her want to get back in the game? The man is as arrogant as he is handsome. He probably sees her as nothing more than a barrier to his dream job. But when an unexpected kiss turns into a night of irresistible passion, Penelope has to figure out whether they’re just fooling around—or starting something real.

MY REVIEW -

This sort of missed with me, and I wanted to like it more because I actually did like it, but it just fell a bit flat for me. I liked Penelope, I liked that she was genuine and a tomboy, and she's a smart woman. I also liked Cole, he was fun and mostly sweet, and I think they were cute together. I don't like that it seems all the guys in this series sleep with lots of women, and it also seems that in the series (Sex, Love, & Stiletto)the guys from that series also seem to be the same type of guy that sleeps with lots of women before finding "the one", and I don't like that. I haven't read that series, so I don't know those characters stories, but they are in this book as side characters. I don't like the storyline where the characters try to do the sex without feelings thing, so that aspect was unenjoyable for me, and I don't like how wishy washy Penelope and Cole were with their feelings for each other. Everything seemed to just take too long to get moving. I am interested in Jackson and Lincoln's stories, so I'll probably check out those books, and I really like Lauren Layne's writing style. This book was cute and fun, and I liked the sports angle, so even though this didn't completely enthrall me, I still enjoyed it, and am looking forward to the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment