Thursday, November 26, 2015

Review for Rekindle the Flame by Kate Meader - 4 bees knees



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

Chicago firefighter Beck Rivera always knew his destiny would be defined by two things: his dream to follow in the footsteps of his legendary foster father Sean Dempsey and his teenage passion for heiress Darcy Cochrane, the one girl who could both stoke and cool his fire. Loving her meant setting her free and breaking her heart—and his. But when a chance reunion at his family’s bar, sparked by a drunk Santa, places her in his path again, destiny can no longer be denied.

The last thing heiress-turned-tattoo-artist Darcy Cochrane needs is the rollercoaster of emotion stirred up by her first love: sexy, gorgeous man-on-fire Beck Rivera. But he always had such talented hands. And more talented lips. And...maybe one time can’t hurt. Then she’ll send him packing like he did to her all those years ago. But Darcy and Beck soon discover that nothing ignites holiday flames like rekindling a lost love...

MY REVIEW -

This was a good short story, and I really enjoyed it! I love 2nd chance at love stories, so this one was interesting for me. I liked Darcy; I liked that she's got a bit of a wild side, but she's still conservative in ways. I did like Beck too, but some of the word choices for him were odd, and also some of the other parts of the story had odd word choices. I still liked Beck, but the way he speaks didn't gel with me. Beck and Darcy have some steamy moments, and I liked how Beck wouldn't give up. I always like the addition of hot firemen, so that was a plus, and I do look forward to some of their stories in the next books in the series. This was cute, fun read, and definitely enticed my appetite to read more books in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment