Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Review for Until We Break by Jaime Howard - 3 bees knees



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

When Sloane Avery stops to help a stranded driver, she finds more than a broken down car on the side of the road. Luke Evans is faster and sexier than her Maserati, but with her heart still on the mend, she’s not interested in taking him for a test drive. Despite their initial disdain for each other, emotion and passion simmer, complicating their fragile friendship. But when a tragic loss and devastating betrayal send them spiraling, their growing love isn’t enough to save them.

That was five years ago, practically a different lifetime and definitely a different Sloane. Before she’s been hardened by booze, sex, and as much distance as she could get from the past. Now, called home on a family emergency, she’s determined to hold onto her heart the next time she sees Luke.

Except Sloane’s not the only one who’s changed. Luke’s turned his life around. Only the reappearance of Sloane and the reminder of his biggest mistake can put a dent in his plans. Luke is set on fixing what he’s broken. But with her emotions boiling to the surface, Sloane needs to decide if falling in love is life’s greatest gift or its cruelest joke.

MY REVIEW -

hmmm...this just wasn't for me. There's too many things in this story I don't like. I'm going to have to give spoilers because I just can't express what I disliked without doing so. I'm going to write some stuff I liked first before the spoilers. I liked the writing style, just not the events in the book. If I take out all the stuff I didn't like, I do think the relationship between Luke and Sloane was sort of sweet. I also think a lot of people would actually like the story, and not mind the things I did because the story was interesting, but it was tough for me to continue because I disliked so many things. Even though I liked the writing style, I'm not sure I'll continue with this series, or others by this author, but you know maybe because hopefully they all won't have the things I really didn't enjoy about this book. I'll have to look up some spoilers to check.



Okay those spoilers are starting now! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!



Cheating, sleeping around, the main characters both sleep with other people for most of the book, the female lead is so broken she ends up sleeping with tons of guys and becomes a bitch, the male lead is in a committed relationship with someone else for the whole 2nd part of the story, there's a jump in the story to 5 years later after the event that makes the female lead leave town; the event is that the male lead sleeps with the female lead, and then sleeps with her sister less than 24 hours later, of course he was hurting, and he didn't know how the female lead felt, but come on!, also the end was very abrupt, the leads get together for only a few pages in the end. I'm sure there were some more, but I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment