Thursday, December 24, 2015

Review for Calling Me: The Complete Series by Louise Bay - 4 bees knees


SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

Is it possible for a guy to turn on a switch and realize he’s been in love with a girl that’s been under his nose for over a decade?

Ashleigh Franklin can’t decide.

Ashleigh wants the fairy tale. Ever since she was a kid, her best friend’s brother, Luke, has been her fantasy Prince Charming. Now he’s trying to convince her that she’s the one he’s wanted all these years. There’s no way it’s that easy to escape the friend zone.

Single after years living with a girlfriend, Luke has finally woken up. What he’s been waiting for has been right under his nose for almost his entire life. Can he persuade her that he’s serious and won’t break her heart?

A Wonder Woman costume, a bottle of tequila and a game of truth or dare between two close friends changes everything.


MY REVIEW-

I really loved this, but I went down a rating because the whole 2nd book was so annoying! Luckily these books are fairly short because I was getting tired of the events in the 2nd book. I just found Ashleigh's choices to be ridiculous, and because of her choices I felt things went too far off the path of Ashleigh and Luke connecting. So I was just frustrated with her, and also with a choice she made towards the end of the third book. I loved the chemistry between Ash and Luke; there are some really sweet scenes with them, and their sex scenes were definitely spicy and well-written. Luke was adorable, and I loved how he seemed like an actual guy; he seemed real. I definitely suggest buying all the books because you'll want to finish the story, and this series is really more like 1 book. I don't totally love the ending because I don't enjoy when things end with a certain thing, but I didn't lower my rating because it happens in tons of books, so I've just decided to put up with it. There is sweet romance and I the story was heart-warming. I haven't read any other books by Louise Bay, but some characters from this book seem to have had a story of their own before, and I really liked those characters, so I'll have to check it out. Although I did find Haven and Jake's questions in the beginning of the 3rd book of this series odd because it felt very insensitive of them to ask about Fiona and Richard at the Sunday dinner; Haven and Jake seemed more sensitive in the other books, but I still liked both of them. Overall, I was loved the connection between Ash and Luke, and that's what made this book for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment