Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Review for Off Limits by Kelly Jamieson - 5 bees knees!



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

The Christmas season always puts a smile on Jenna McFadden’s face. Even though she’s bringing a boyfriend home for the first time, inside she’s dying to see Andrew. Years ago, when the McFaddens took the troubled teen into their home, Jenna had to keep her blazing-hot crush a secret. And now that he’s playing pro hockey for the NHL’s Chicago Aces, nothing’s changed. With his wide shoulders and taut muscles, Andrew’s the most tempting package in the house . . . one that Jenna’s dying to unwrap.

Andrew Ross just can’t make a play for Jenna. Her dad and brothers wouldn’t approve, and he could never betray the trust of the wonderful people who treated him like family when he lost his own. That’s what makes the holidays so hard. Whether Jenna’s skating with Andrew on a frozen pond or sitting on his lap while he plays Santa, she’s pushing all their boundaries—and there’s only so much a man can take. Andrew knows that she’s off-limits. But something deep down tells him that Jenna’s heart is the one prize he simply has to win.

MY REVIEW -

This was great! First off, it takes place during Christmas, which I totally love stories during the holidays, and I also love second chance romances, so this was a terrific read for me. Jenna and Andrew were adorable together, and I appreciated that Jenna wasn't throwing herself at Andrew like he was god; she was her own person. I like that they've known each other for a long time, and since they had excellent chemistry, their love scenes were steamy, and I liked the scenes in the book; like the ice skating, and I liked that hockey was involved with this book. This was a short book, and since I loved it. I would have liked more in the ending, but this story did feel complete to me. This was the first book I read in the series, and I don't feel like I couldn't enjoy this story without having read the first book, but there were characters from the first book in this one, so you may want to check out the first book; I know I will be, and I also look forward to more books in this series. I really enjoyed the writing and the way the story progressed. This was a sweet, cute, and fun romance, and I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment