Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Review for Resolution by J.S. Cooper - 4 bees knees




SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

When Bianca and Jakob first awoke on a sandy shore in the middle of nowhere, their thoughts were only concerned with survival. But as they explored their surroundings and tried to find out who left them stranded on the island, electricity surged between them. Soon after, Bianca uncovered clues to her abduction, but was left with even more unanswered questions, especially about Jakob’s true motives…

Now, Bianca just wants the truth. Nothing was as it seemed, especially with Jakob. As she discovers cross upon double cross, all she can trust is her instinct, her connection with him. So they decide to return to the island in hopes of finally learning the truth. Bianca and Jakob have been thrown together and torn apart by their secrets—but can she trust him enough to rescue her at last?


MY REVIEW -

This story is like a big soap opera! There's a whole bunch of shady things going on. This is the finale of the Swept Away series, so everything comes to a conclusion in this book. I've only read the 1.5 & 2.5 novellas before reading this book, and reading those made me want to read the whole series, and I got this book first, so I went ahead and read this first. I do recommend starting from the very beginning because the books are all connected. Bianca and Jakob met because they were kidnapped and stranded on an island, and they made a connection while trying to save themselves, but some hard truths were revealed, so trust is difficult. In this book, Bianca and Jakob are trying to unravel the mystery of what happened between each of their parents, and who is to blame for the threats and possible murders of Bianca's parents. I like the mystery of this series; there were some good twists, some I knew and some I didn't, so the revelation of everything was interesting, and I found how the story ending entertaining. I liked how the author did flashbacks to the parents at younger ages; even though I didn't really like any of them, I think learning more about them added a nice element to the story. I do like Bianca and Jakob together; they have some cute moments, but I didn't really like the sex scenes because they talk too much during, so they aren't very romantic, but I love how caring Jakob is with Bianca, and how they pretty much are completely honest with each other. This book had intrigue, lots of lies, kinky sweet romance, murder, and some really despicable characters, so that makes for a great, interesting read! It's a fun series! Fun in the sense of the craziness going!

No comments:

Post a Comment