Thursday, January 28, 2016

Review for Love Struck by Laurelin McGee - 3 bees knees


SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS -

Welcome to a seductive world where two solo artists combine their talents-and their hearts-to make beautiful music together...

SHE'S GETTING INTO THE GROOVE
Lacy Dawson is a young singer-songwriter with a record deal, a studio gig, and a serious case of writer's block. After looking for love songs in all the wrong places, she finds inspiration at an online support group called Song Writers Anonymous. Thanks to one mysterious member who motivates her and inspires her, Lacy's career is back on track. But is she ready to meet her sexy musical muse...face to face?

HE MAKES HER HEART SKIP A BEAT
Eli is definitely interested in hooking up with Lacy, aka "LoveCoda." But between writing her new album and his band's success, they can't find the time to face the music-or each other-about their burgeoning online romance. All that changes when Eli and Lucy get booked on tour together. In person, the attraction is all too real and explosive. They both should walk away, but once they are in each other's arms, there is no turning back...

MY REVIEW -

I was really hoping I would love this more, and going into Love Struck, I really thought I would, but I felt like it way too long to get the situation out in the open, and I don't like a lot of what happened in the book. When I read the first book, I liked Lacy a lot, and I did still like her in this book, but just not as much as I would have thought from the first book. I felt she was too ditzy, and her actions were grating on me. The fact that she would use someone because it helped her write music better was such a disappointing thing for me. I loved the whole premise of having falling in love/extreme like with someone you haven't seen, but have an deep bond with anyway, and I don't usually like books about musicians because they usually are skeezy (just like how the lead singer from this book, Jax, was), but I didn't mind it so much in this book, and I absolutely loved the lyrics in the book. I did like Eli, and I liked that he wasn't the obvious choice for the lead man. I do think Eli and Lacy have excellent chemistry, and they do have some spicy scenes. So, I like Love Struck, but I just felt it had way too much angst, and a lot of the middle could have been cut down, and I was disappointed with Lacy. I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first book, but it was still good, and I do like Laurelin McGee's writing, so I am look forward to more books by McGee!

No comments:

Post a Comment