Thursday, January 7, 2016

Review for Revealed by A.C. Arthur - 4 bees knees



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

When Nathan Hamilton was accused of killing Landy Connor just weeks before their college graduation, he lost everything—his friends, his reputation, and the love of his life, Tenile Barnes. For ten long years, the murder has remained unsolved, nothing but false leads and dead ends. Desperate to bring Landy’s killer to justice and win back Tenile’s heart, Nathan starts his own investigation. But the first break in the case comes at a high price: Landy’s old roommate Nicole is kidnapped . . . possibly by the same person who killed Landy.

Nathan and his old friends comb through every memory, every photograph, and every trace of evidence for clues about who killed Landy then and who has taken Nicole now. As they separate fact from vicious rumor and piece together what really happened that night, they discover that the truth is darker and more twisted than they ever imagined. The killer is close, waiting in the shadows, ready to strike again.

In the shocking sequel to Rumors, will the friends finally reveal Landy’s killer . . . or will Nicole be the next to fall?


MY REVIEW -

So, I haven't read the first book, so I went into this without knowing the story in the first book, but I still ended up enjoying this, and the author did a good job of telling some of the things that happened in the first book without overdoing it. This is about a group of friends, who had one of their friends murder years ago, but the murderer is still free. There are many suspects for the possible murderer, so I really enjoyed the mystery. I don't really see why some of these people are friends because they do some bad things to each other; like cheat on each other, but everyone seems to be ultra forgiving, which I just don't get. Pretty much everyone is coupled up, and there are various point of views in this book, so we get glimpses into each couples romance, and each couples sex lives, which I liked, and normally it can get confusing with too many point of views, but I didn't find that a problem. So, there's a killer, or killers on the loose, and the friends are trying to figure out who it/they is/are before anymore of them are killed. I don't think I necessarily loved any of the characters, but I liked them okay; maybe I didn't connect with the characters as much because I didn't read the first book. Oh, and I don't see Tracy as an FBI agent. I think the ending was good, and I was sad for some of the characters when it was revealed. This is definitely soap opera like, but I liked that about it, and I did think there was some really sweet romantic moments between some of the characters. The book kept me interested till the very end, and I enjoyed the suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment