Thursday, January 7, 2016

Review for Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker - 4 bees knees



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS.COM -

High school meets classic horror in this groundbreaking new series.

It was a dark and stormy night when Tor Frankenstein accidentally hit someone with her car. And killed him. But all is not lost--Tor, being the scientific genius she is, brings him back to life...

Thus begins a twisty, turn-y take on a familiar tale, set in the town of Hollow Pines, Texas, where high school is truly horrifying.

MY REVIEW -

So, as the title suggests this book is about a teen, who is trying to bring back the dead. This book is quite descripted, and at times very gross, but I ended up really enjoying it! Tor is a science nerd, who has a bit of a god complex, and she and her friend, Owen, do disgusting experiments on animals to try to bring them back to life. Something occurs, and Tor ends up with a human body, and so it begins. Tor's experiments end up working; sort of, and she brings back to life a teenage male, and since his memories are lost, she names him Adam. Tor decides; which is stupid in my opinion, to take Adam to school with her, and of course he attracts a lot of attention because he is attractive and athletic. I was disappointed with Tor because she is suppose to be so smart, but she makes horrible decisions, but I guess she is only book smart. I didn't like how the relationship between Tor and Adam pans out; I wanted more. Don't expect much in the romance department, and what was there was skewed a different way than I like. Problems start popping up with Adam, and there is a possibility that someone saw what Tor did to Adam. On top of all those problems, someone is killing teenagers around town, which I think was downplayed too much. I don't really like books that take place mainly in high school, but I did like this one. There is sort of a cliffhanger in this book, and I am interested in reading the next book. This book is fun, different, weird, and kept me interested till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment