Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Review for Now and Then by Mira Lyn Kelly - 5 out of 5!




SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS -

Brynn Ahearn is gorgeous, fun, and not just a sports nut but an NBA camera woman whose work takes her all over the country. In other words, she’s a walking male fantasy—or at least, she would be if she weren’t so busy keeping the guys at bay. The fact is, with Brynn’s con-man father fresh out of jail and back in her life, dating is just too risky. Haunted by memories of her past, she couldn’t ask any man to gamble with his life for love—even one as addictive as Ford Meyers.

Ford can’t believe his luck when he walks into a bar in Chicago’s Wicker Park and gets an eyeful of Brynn, the one that got away. After the gorgeous redhead blew him off in college, Ford got on with his life and made his fortune as a bestselling game designer, but he’s never found a woman who compared to Brynn. No stranger to success, Ford is used to getting what he wants—and after a scorching stolen kiss, what he wants is a second shot with his first love. To get it, he just has to convince her that he’s man enough to take on the past she can’t leave behind.


MY REVIEW -

Really sweet, cute romance! I love second chance at romance stories, so I loved that aspect, and I liked the way it was done in this book, and I enjoyed Mira Lyn Kelly's writing. Ford is awesome! I love that he is a game designer and that he is a bit geeky, so cute! And I love how open Ford is with his emotions. I'm glad there is dual POV's in this book because I enjoy reading from the guy's perspective, and it really gave more depth to this story, and the little flashbacks were nice.

Ford and Brynn had a romance in college, but Brynn broke up with Ford because her dad is involved with some bad, dangerous people, and she didn't want Ford to be caught up in the bad stuff, so Brynn makes the decision to not tell Ford anything, and leave him for his own good. I don't really like when people try to do what they think is best without telling the other party anything, so I was a bit weary of Brynn, and found some of her actions lame. So, this book is 10 years later (if I remember correctly), and Ford and Brynn run into each other in a bar, and both Ford and Brynn haven't forgotten about each other, and their deep feelings for each other, and their strong connection is apparent when they meet again. Ford knows Brynn is the one for him, so he is going to do what he needs to do to break down Brynn's walls and make her realize what they have is worth fighting for.

I liked that this book is a complete story; no cliffhangers! I really enjoyed the characters, and I loved how Ford and Brynn's relationship evolved. I haven't read the other books in the series, and although there were some of the characters from the previous books in this book, I don't feel like I needed to read the other books to enjoy this book; there are some spoilers for the previous books thought, but I don't feel like it is too big of a deal. After reading this book I definitely want to read the previous books, and other books by Mira Lyn Kelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment