Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Review for Risking It All by Christi Barth - 4 out of 5 stars




SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS -

Who doesn’t love Naked Men? In Christi Barth’s irresistible series, a group of close-knit friends talk out their problems with naked honesty on a popular blog. Bonded by a high-school tragedy, they’re moving on from the past—and fighting for the future with strong and sassy women.

Griffin Montgomery helps people. As a teenager, he kept his best friends alive after their soccer team’s bus crashed in the Alps. Now, as a Coast Guard search and rescue pilot, he saves lives with reckless abandon—until he goes too far and earns a lengthy suspension. Working on the Naked Men projects keeps his mind busy, but Griff’s itching to get back in the action. That’s when he finds his latest rescue mission: a pretty wallflower who’s stuck in her comfort zone.

Chloe Widmore doesn’t take risks. As a professional letter writer, she gets enough excitement out of expressing other people’s emotions. So when the hottest man she’s ever seen invades her coffee shop, Chloe surprises herself with how much she wants to be with him. Routines make her feel safe. Griff makes her deliciously unsafe, in so many ways. But falling for him is one risk she might just have to take . . . whether she’s ready or not.


MY REVIEW -


I enjoyed Risking It All, and I liked the characters. I did feel like Griffin and Chloe's relationship was a little odd, and I can't really pin point what I exactly mean, but I felt like they were sort of picking at each other a lot, and their personalities and those of the side characters were in a way far-fetched, unbelievable to me, so I wasn't connecting fully with the story, but I still liked the book.

Griffin is in the Coast Guard, and he has a bit of a hero complex; he feels like he needs to "save" everyone, even if it may be a danger to himself. He gets suspended from work for going against protocol and putting his team in danger by taking a risky move to save some people in danger. His story goes viral, and he becomes famous for being a hero, so that also doesn't do him any favors with his boss. Griffin is in a sour mood because he hates being grounded from flying and saving people, so he doesn't know what to do with himself. He also has a blog with some friends from high school, who he went through a life threatening experience with, so they are more like brothers, and the blog is called The Naked Men. It's a blog where the guys give honest opinions about random things in life; they give their "naked" opinions.

Chloe is a professional letter writer, who does most of her work in a coffee shop, and she isn't much of a risk taker because she also went through a life threatening event, so she has a pretty tame, safe life.

Griffin and Chloe meet at the coffee shop, and begin to date. Griffin and Chloe have an instant attraction, but there are a few obstacles in their way to happily ever after.

I enjoyed the banter between Griffin and his friends; they are lots of fun, and have a unique bond. I also liked Chloe. She's intelligent, has a good sense of humor, and I liked all her personality quirks. I did like Griff too, but I didn't like how high handed he was with people sometimes; I think the way he handled a couple of things with Chloe were kind of rude, and he could've soften his approach. Chloe and Griff make a cute couple, and I liked the sexual tension between them, and I liked that they get to know each other before getting really serious about each other. I felt like their feelings were more than just lust at first sight; they compliment each other personalities. I liked that they both had some things to work through in their lives, and they helped each other do that.

I liked the writing, so I'd like to read more books in this series, and I do look forward to Griffin's friends books because I pretty much liked all the guys, and even though some of those guys sleep with lots of women; which I don't enjoy reading about, I feel like the author will do a good job of not shoving it in your face, so I look forward to reading those books. I also think Chloe's BFF will be part of a book, and I'm not usually fans of reading about women who like to have lots of boyfriends, but I'm interested to see how her story goes; I have a thought that she will get with one of Griffin's friends.

Risking It All was sweet and fun, and I loved the dual POV's!

No comments:

Post a Comment