Saturday, April 16, 2016

Review for Heart Like Mine by Maggie McGinnis - 5 out of 5 stars!




SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS -

Delaney Blair loves her job at Echo Lake's Mercy Hospital, where she's developed a reputation for being smart, fair, and driven. When she's assigned to cut funding, she has to temporarily relocate her office, put on borrowed scrubs, and go toe-to-toe with Dr. Joshua Mackenzie, the interim head of the pediatrics department. His killer smile and rock-star body are distractions Delaney could do without, but she's determined to stay focused while she brings his budget into line. It's not working.

Beloved by his colleagues and patients alike, Josh is too busy caring for sick kids to talk numbers with the sexy, stiletto-clad Delaney. Every time they talk business, tensions run high…but so does a powerful attraction neither of them can ignore. When an emergency brings Mercy to its knees, Delaney and Josh must work together to save lives. But can they also find a way into each other's hearts?


MY REVIEW -

This was really sweet! I loved it! I loved Delaney. She's a smart, tough, honest, hard-working woman, who has a heart of gold; she has some really sweet scenes with the patients. I liked Josh too, but I do think he was being a bit disrespectful to Delaney in the beginning, but I loved that he is a nice guy in the end, and I admire his dedication. I liked that they were sort of friends before they develop into more, but I do think it did take a bit too long to get down to the romance. It's definitely on the PG-13 side of things because although there is making out and sex is alluded to, there isn't any detailed scenes, which I happened to find refreshing. The romance was great, and they are really adorable together, and they have excellent chemistry. I enjoyed the scenes with Delaney's assistant, and also with Josh's friends; they are a fun bunch. I also enjoyed the humor throughout the story.

Delaney works in the financial department in a hospital, and Josh works as a doctor in the pediatric ward. Delaney is tasked with cutting the budget of the pediatrics department, but Dr. Josh is being a bit difficult because the department is already stretched thin, so he gives Delaney a dare of sorts. She is to work on the pediatrics floor for a week, so she can have a better understanding of the work they do there, and how much the funding is to the department. I loved how open to suggestions Delaney is in this book; it really shows how she truly wants what is best for the patients.

This book is so heartfelt, and I really enjoyed pretty much all aspects of the story! I am looking forward to reading more books by Maggie McGinnis!

No comments:

Post a Comment