Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Review for Saven Disclosure by Siobhan Davis - 5 out of 5 stars!



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS -

THE TRUTH WON’T HIDE FOREVER

To protect Logan, I have no choice but to deceive him.
But I’m not the only one hiding the truth.
Will our love survive all the secrets and lies?

Enemy alien ships crowd the skies over Earth while the world waits with bated breath. The Saven have been exposed, and where once they were abhorred, they are now championed as our greatest ally and our only possible savior.

Logan and Sadie have been separated, and the longer he is gone, the more their love is tested by duty, doubts, and deception.

Sadie and Jarod have infiltrated the highest levels of government, but they are playing a dangerous game. Surrounded by people with conflicting agendas—hell-bent on using her for their own aim—Sadie is confused when the lines between good and evil are blurred. It’s impossible to tell friend from foe, and no one can be trusted.

When the full extent of the experiments taking place in Sector Twenty is disclosed, Sadie can no longer sit back and watch as the lower classes face a horrific fate. Racing to save her loved ones and mankind, she risks her own safety and the love she’s waited a lifetime for to do the right thing.

But no one thought to save her from herself.



MY REVIEW -


Siobhan Davis has done it again! She has written another truly engrossing story! Saven Disclosure is another can't put down, can't stop reading, no sleep book! Siobhan knows how to create the perfect balance between the romance, the action, and the story; her writing keeps the reader engaged till the very end! I loved Siobhan's True Calling series, and now I am loving her Saven series, and I can't wait for the next book in the series!

If you haven't read the first Saven book, Saven Deception, I feel you need to read that first since this book is a continuation of the first book, and will add to the enjoyment of this book; plus that book is awesome too, so it is a definite must read! There may be some spoilers for the first book in this review, so be forewarned! And I may elude to some things in this book that may be a bit spoilery, but I think it's more of the teaser variety rather than outright spoilers.

Saven Disclosure picks right up where Saven Deception left off, Sadie and Logan are a committed couple in deep love with each other, but are separated because Logan is on the road with his family to build support for an alliance between the people of Earth and the Saven people. Sadie is dealing with the backlash of dating an alien; she is being harassed and threatened, so she has to have a bodyguard, Haydn. I liked the addition of Haydn; he creates some interesting drama in Saven Disclosure, and I'm looking forward to seeing how his story develops. Sadie doesn't get much freedom, so the pressure is starting to get to her. Sadie isn't content to sit back and do nothing, so she's been having further contact with the rebels in hopes of helping the lower class from being taken over by the Saven. Sadie has to contend with being pulled at from various sides; she is being pressured to do things that go against what she thinks is right, and she finds herself in some really difficult spots. On top of that, there is another alien race threatening Earth, so War is looking more imminent; especially with Saven relations not going so well, also Sadie's sister is in trouble, so she needs to figure out a way to help her, also there's the issue of trying to figure out more about the Eterno bond, and to top it all off, there are too many "secrets" between her and Logan. I just want to say that you can't expect other people to be truthful, when you can't be truthful yourself, and all the "secrets"; a.k.a lies, just cause more problems! If you truly love and trust someone then you should trust in them to understand where you are coming from! Plans would go a lot smoother if there was honesty. Okay sorry for the rant, it was just bothering me.

I love Sadie's sass and her humor! And I think she handled a lot of tough situations really well, and showed maturity and intelligence and grace. I almost found her to be too understanding at times; I kind of wanted her to be a bit more selfish sometimes, and I felt she was a bit dense about a couple things, but I still think she is an incredibly strong character. Her and Logan's relationship is adorable, and I love them together; they are just so sweet and cute! And they compliment each other really well, and have wonderful chemistry. I wasn't completely happy with how far Logan takes a certain thing; that goes with the whole keeping "secrets" thing causing problems.

I loved all the action! And the camaraderie between the whole group was terrific! I especially love the friendship between Sadie and Jarod. It's great that all the girls get along too! Plus, I love the alien aspect! So much is going on in this book, but I never felt overwhelmed by it all. Siobhan does an amazing job building up the Saven Disclosure world, and as I was reading I could really visualize the scenes.

Siobhan's books are definitely some of my favorites, and I'm really excited to read the next books in the series! I love these characters, and I'm looking forward to reading more as their stories unfold. Saven Disclosure is a must read! All of Siobhan Davis' books are a must read! Plus the books have such beautiful covers!


No comments:

Post a Comment