Friday, May 13, 2016

Review for Jackson's Trust by Violet Duke - 4 out of 5 stars



SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS -


It’s no secret that sports analyst Jackson Gray doesn’t do relationships. What is a secret, however, is the reason why. Jackson’s life is . . . complicated. And it doesn’t help that his current hands-off “friendship” is with the cute-as-hell new sideline reporter he’s assigned to train. Turns out, not only is the woman damn sweet, she also knows as much about football as he does. Like it or not though, Jackson has to remind himself that sex is the only thing he has to offer . . . until now.

Leila Hart’s fast-growing friendship with Jackson is something she’d never risk, no matter how unbelievably seductive the reward. Becoming an NFL sportscaster has always been the goal, and thanks to Jackson’s fierce support and mentoring, it all finally seems within reach. Problem is, a girl can only take so much of that sexy-as-sin voice whispering dirty, filthy football stats in her ear before she loses all self-control. A workplace romance with Jackson is a disaster waiting to happen, especially for someone with big dreams . . . and secrets of her own.


MY REVIEW -


I really enjoyed Jackson's Trust! I loved both of the main characters, and I also liked the side characters, and I loved the romance. I did feel that the book did move a bit slowly, and some of the actions of the main characters towards the end were weird to me, and I don't really get why the "issue" was such an issue, and what Jackson did to Leila after a certain intense event in the story was glossed over too much for me; another of those things I just didn't understand his reasons for doing, so those are the main reasons I knocked it down a star.

When Leila and Jackson first meet there is an instant connection, but Leila meets Jackson when she starts a new job, and Jackson is her mentor at the job, so Leila doesn't want to be looked down upon at work for being involved with Jackson; especially since it is hard for a woman to be in the sports business, and Jackson feels that he doesn't have anything to offer a woman besides sex, and he thinks Leila deserves more than a meaningless hook-up, so they both back off of getting involved romantically with each other, and start a "friendship", and I say "friendship" because they do things that most male and female friends don't do; things like cuddling. I thought Jackson and Leila's relationship was really sweet, and I enjoyed how they developed their friendship before they realized their feelings for each other; taking the time to really know each other, made their relationship seem to be on a deeper level because of it. There are definitely some steamy scenes in this book, and I enjoyed how Violet Duke created some tension by having the characters fight their attraction to each other. I loved that Jackson was alpha, but also incredibly adorable. I was surprised by some of the events in this book, and I almost felt like it was 2 different books because it sort of veered off in a different direction than what I felt was the initial tone of the story, and at first it was a little weird for me, but I enjoyed where the story went, and I was interested the whole time in the events going on. I would of loved a bit more for the ending, but I'm looking forward to reading more in this series and more books by Violet Duke.

No comments:

Post a Comment